Friday 9 July 2010

Part Eight - Big Decisions

Hector’s last day of school came around quickly. He would be starting High School after the weekend. He was being skipped ahead a grade as he was so clever. He was looking forward to it so much.
He was so excited on his birthday! He was jumping up and down shouting “Mum, I’m going to be a grownup now!!”

He grew up into such a handsome young man. He really did look like his father. I was OK with that now. Enough time had passed for me to have forgiven him.
I said to him ‘Hector, you need to realise that you are very gifted. I never told you this before but just after you started school they asked if they could do and IQ test on you and it came back as being off the charts. Please don’t think that this means you don’t have to study. You have so much potential, you could become so successful!’
I really hoped that telling him that wouldn’t make him lazy in his studying. If he worked hard I knew he could change the world.



Hector looked up at me and said “Mum, I’ve decided what I want to do with my life. I want to join the medical career like you. I want to become the world’s best surgeon. I want to find cures to diseases that other people couldn’t find. I really look up to you Mum. You have worked so hard to get to where you are and I will work just as hard to get to where I want to be.”
I was so proud of him. I burst into tears and we hugged each other for what seemed like hours.

7 comments:

  1. He does look very much like his father! I'm glad that he has decided to follow in his mother's footsteps, but does he know that this means he is following in his father's footsteps as well? And what if someone recognises him now that he is older and the family resemblance is stronger? Could be interesting in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His little speech at the end made me a little teary-eyed, lol very good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!
    I think he got most of his father's looks!!
    Awwww.....that is sweet Whitney...if you liked that speech you will like what is coming up in a few parts time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last scene. It would be better if the photo of them hugging is in too.. awh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless, Hector is such a cute boy, or should I say young man?! So sweet, but is he going to work at the same hospital as his father? Hmm, could be very interestingt, can't wait to read more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :D It could get interesting....hehe....I have a lot planned for Ambrosia already!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I can read on now, and don't have to wait I am getting really curious what you have planned for Am. I think she has a big heart just to forgive Hector's father. I still want that man in jail....

    ReplyDelete

I pasted part 10 of the story and....

I write like
William Shakespeare

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!