Sunday 18 July 2010

Part Ten - A Giant Leap

Cyclone took me out to dinner at the bistro to celebrate us having known each other for a year. It was very romantic, he was flirting with me even more than usual throughout the meal. When we got home I decided that it was now or never.

I held my breath, leant forwards and…



Thoughts were racing through my head. What if I had read him all wrong? What was this going to do to our friendship? What would Hector think? All these thoughts were put from my mind when…

He pulled me in close to him, wrapped his arms around me and started to kiss me back!!! It lasted for what seemed like hours. I can’t count the number of times I’ve played it back in my head since then.

Eventually it did end and he scooped me up in his arms and span me round. ‘Oh Ambrosia!’ he sighed, ‘You have got no idea how long I have been trying to work up the courage to do that!’

‘So where do we go from here?’ I asked Cyclone. ‘Well,’ said Cyclone ‘Will you be my girlfriend Ambrosia Dawes?’

‘Of course!’ I said ‘Now lets go inside and tell Hector the good news!’

Time passed by. Hector continued to do well at school. He found a new hobby, writing. One of his teachers suggested that he should join the writing club at school. After practicing for a while he started to write a book to submit to publishers. He worked on it every day after school.

As for Cyclone and I, we were getting along fantastically! Every day I felt us growing closer and closer together. We were practically inseparable! I couldn’t see my life without him any more.

One night Cyclone took me out to the cliff top behind our house. He seemed nervous and that was making me nervous too. I didn’t know what was wrong.

Suddenly he turned to me, knelt down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful black velvet covered box. He opened the lid and inside was the most amazing diamond ring I had ever seen!
‘Ambrosia Dawes,’ he said, ‘You are my life! I have never met a woman like you before. The time we have spent together has been the most wonderful time of my life! I never want to be separated from you again. Will you do my the honour of becoming my wife?’

I couldn’t believe it! Well, I could actually, I knew that this would come at some point but I just wasn't expecting it now!
Of course I accepted, how could I not, we were soul mates! Cyclone pulled the ring out of the box and gently slid it onto my finger.  I was going to get married!!!

I couldn't contain my excitement! As soon as Cyclone stood up I ran into his arms and we held each other for what seemed like hours. What a wonderful evening.

8 comments:

  1. Oh... how sweet of him proposing... Let's see what will happen for the coming up event

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Ambrosia has found happiness and that Cyclone turned out to be a decent guy after all (hopefully). Will Hector get a little brother or sister out of this deal? Interesting to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are both enjoying it!!! I guess you will just have to wait and see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story(just read it all, thanks Judi for the link) and I'm so glad Ambrosia is getting married.. Maybe there'll be a little baby sister or brother for Hector... Hugs, Senja (YrS92 at TSR)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Senja!!! I'm so glad you found your way here!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of it!!
    I love your Gardeners Dream Legacy btw (I really need to catch up on it!!) It was yours and Judi's stories which got me to start writing my legacy!!
    Thanks again to Judi for posting the link on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still not sure about Cyclone... I have a feeling Ambrosia is not having very high standards... I love this story! I have to hurry and read the next chapter! Can't wait to see what will happen!

    ReplyDelete

I pasted part 10 of the story and....

I write like
William Shakespeare

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!