Tuesday 13 July 2010

Part Nine - A New Friend

Life went on as normal for a few months. Hector went to school, he was doing really well, and I went to work. One day I decided to stop by the community pool on the way home. While I was swimming I noticed a man watching me. After I had showered and changed he came up to me and introduced himself.  ‘Hi, my name is Cyclone. I’m sorry if I was staring earlier, it’s not very often I get to see such a beautiful woman!’ What a cheesy chat up line, I thought. ‘I as just about to head over to the diner for dinner, would you like to join me?’ he said. He seemed a nice enough guy so I accepted. I gave Hector a quick call to let him know where I was.

We walked across to the diner, chatting and laughing all the way. He really was a funny guy! We got to the diner just after sunset and headed in straight away.



After we had eaten we stood outside and chatted for ages. I asked him about his childhood, his family, his job. He was more than happy to answer all my nosey questions.

‘Ambrosia, I would love it if you would have dinner with me again.’ he said, ‘I’ve never met someone who is as easy to get along with as you!’. ‘I’d love to Cyclone!’ I said, ‘I’ve had such a wonderful evening. I haven’t exactly been out with anyone since I had Hector.’

Over the next couple of months we met up at least twice a week. We became such close friends, I felt closer to Cyclone than I had felt to Morgana or any of my other girlfriends. He always laughed at my jokes and was always there if I needed to talk. Hector absolutely loved him. It was like I had always known him.

One day Cyclone came over to my house for the afternoon. He said he had some important news. ‘Ambrosia, I’m being kicked out of my house.’ he confessed, ‘I’m 2 months behind on my rent and I just can’t afford to live there any more. I don’t know where I’m going to go.’ I didn’t have to think for a second, ‘You can move in with me.’ I almost shouted, ‘If you want to, of course.’

‘Oh my gosh, Am, are you serious?!?!’ he said bouncing up and down with excitement, ‘I’d love to!! I’ll sleep on the sofa, the floor, in the bath, wherever I’m not going to be in your way!’

And so Cyclone came to live with me and Hector. He chipped in towards the bills and did the housework while I was out. ‘It will be a very lucky woman who gets Cyclone Sword as a husband.’ I thought to myself.

We were so happy living together. As time went by I noticed the way Cyclone looked at me more and more. It made me feel a bit embarrassed. I cared too much about our friendship to say anything.

I started to realise that I might want him as more than a friend. Could I be the lucky woman who got Cyclone Sword as a husband?

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm not sure whether to cheer or tell her to be careful. I think I've read too many sim stories where Cyclone was just out for cheap thrills then hightailed it outta there. Great update, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next with Cyclone - does she take the plunge and ask him to stay permanently or does something happen and she kicks him out? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. This is a very interesting twist! Can't wait to see the next event showing~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhh....I didn't realise he had such a reputation!!! But I mean he has got to be better than Geoffrey!!!
    Glad I have left you both in suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until now, I haven't had the pleasure to meet Cyclone but I remember having heard his name a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there is someone else for Ambrosia in the future, but Cyclone could be fun...for a while...

    ReplyDelete

I pasted part 10 of the story and....

I write like
William Shakespeare

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!